Managing Your Account
Everything you need to know about managing your account.
Below is a list of useful forms and brochures. To print and complete the forms, you’ll require Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. You can obtain a free copy from http://get.adobe.com/reader
- Conditions of use and credit guide - Understand the benefits of your Gem Visa.
- Credit limit increase request form – Complete this form if you’d like to request an increase to the credit limit on your Gem Visa.
- Direct debit request form – Complete this form to set-up a convenient Direct Debit service where your minimum amount payable will be automatically taken from your cheque or savings account on the due date.
- Identity verification form - This form will be used to verify your identity.
- Authority to disclose and maintain information - This form allows you to authorise another person to receive information relating to your account.
Online Access to Your AccountShow more
Access your account anywhere, anytime with our Online Service Centre.
There are plenty of tools to help you manage your account:
- Switch to eStatements, and receive eStatement payment reminders before your payment’s due. You’ll also save on paper statement fees.
- Self-manage your account details and review your account status – e.g. transaction records and credit limit.
- Choose to receive payment confirmations and other alerts, any time.
How do I change my contact details?
There are many ways you can update your contact details. The easiest is via the Gem Visa Online Service Centre or by contacting us on 1300 630 977 and following the prompts in the automated sustem.
Register for the Online Service Centre today
It'll take about 5 minutes. Just make sure you have a recent statement with you to help answer some of the questions.Register now
Activate your CardShow more
How do I activate my card?
To activate your credit card call us on 1300 630 977 and follow the prompts. Don't forget to sign your card immediately
Why do I have to activate my credit card?
For security reasons, cards are sent to you inactive. Activating the card validates that it’s been received by you.
Personalise your PINShow more
Personalise your PIN to something more memorable by calling 1300 559 082.
Credit LimitsShow more
Your Gem Visa credit limit
Your credit limit and available credit limit can be found on the top right corner of your monthly Gem Visa statement or you can log on to the Online Service Centre to check it any time.
Complete this form if you would like to request an increase to your credit limit.
You may be required to submit supporting documentation with your credit limit increase request.
Your Gem Visa cash limit
It’s important to note that your Gem Visa credit limit can be different from your cash credit limit. The amount of available credit you can access as cash can be found on the top right corner of your monthly Gem Visa statement or you can log on to the Online Service Centre to check it any time.
Additional cardholdersShow more
To share the benefits of Gem Visa with a family member or loved one, add an additional cardholder using our online application form.
Payment OptionsShow more
Choose the most convenient way to make your repayments:
Never miss a payment; pay your Gem Visa automatically from your savings or cheque account. You can download a direct debit form from the Online Service Centre.
Make payments electronically using your bank's phone or internet banking service. BPAY is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To make a payment, quote the Gem Visa Biller Code (154799), your account number and the amount you wish to pay.
Please note you can use the biller code & your card number as the Customer Reference Number (CRN) to make your first payment.
Payments are processed during business hours, so make sure you complete your transaction before your bank's cut-off time or the due date.
Simply take your statement and pay at any Post Office. A handling fee of $2.00 applies to each transaction.
Understanding your statementShow more
As a Gem Visa customer, you'll receive a monthly statement (if you have activity on your account). If you have a paper statement delivered by mail you'll be charged .50c every month. To opt out of paper statements, register for the Online Service Centre, and follow the instructions.
Each statement outlines your transactions over the last month and the minimum monthly payment required by a due date.
The minimum monthly payment is 3% of the total outstanding balance, or $25, whichever is greater, plus any installment payments due in the statement period. Your statement will also ask you to pay any overdue or over-limit amounts. If you have any questions regarding your statement, please call our Customer Solutions team on 1300 630 977.
To learn more view our video explanation of your Gem Visa statement
Managing your interestShow more
Manage the amount of future interest you pay
It’s now easier than ever to manage your interest free purchases. We’ve designed your statement to be as simple as possible, outlining the information you need to easily keep track of your interest free and buy now pay later purchases, including a Payment to Reduce Future Interest amount.
The ‘Payment to Reduce Future Interest’ amount tells you how much to pay to reduce the amount of interest you’re charged in the future, or in some cases, avoid interest altogether it.
It’s what you’re required to pay this month, plus the remaining balance of any transactions that are being charged interest and the balance of any interest free purchases that are about to expire. It depends on how you manage your account, check the back page of your statement for additional information.
Make an insurance claimShow more
Make an insurance claim
We believe that making an insurance claim should be straight forward and hassle-free. All the information you need is right here.
Shopper's Protection Claims
GE Money Insurance looks after all Shopper’s protection claims. To make a claim, you can:
How can I help protect myself from fraud?
- Always sign your card as soon as you receive it and know where your card is at all times
- Select a PIN that's easily remembered only to you and never write it down
- Regularly check your account statements to ensure there are no unauthorised transactions present
- Never use an EFTPOS Terminal or ATM if you believe it has been tampaered with
- Ensure your contact details remain up to date with us
- If you card expire or you do not wish to keep it, cut through the signature panel and magnetic strip before disposing
- Always keep your card in your possession/sight