Managing Your Account
Everything you need to know about managing your account.
Below is a list of useful forms and brochures. To print and complete the forms, you’ll require Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. You can obtain a free copy from http://get.adobe.com/reader
- Conditions of use and credit guide - Understand the benefits of your Gem Visa.
- Direct debit request form – Complete this form to set-up a convenient Direct Debit service where your minimum amount payable will be automatically taken from your cheque or savings account on the due date.
- Identity verification form - This form will be used to verify your identity.
- Authority to disclose and maintain information - This form allows you to authorise another person to receive information relating to your account.
Online Access to Your Account Show more
Access your account anywhere, anytime with our Online Service Centre.
Registering for the Online Service Centre is simple and lets you:
- Manage your account and update your details
- Access your statements anywhere and anytime
- View your transactions instantly
How do I change my contact details?
There are many ways you can update your contact details. The easiest is via the Online Service Centre.
Register for the Online Service Centre today
It only takes a few minutes. Just make sure you have your mobile phone on hand. If not, please have your card plus a recent statement with you to help answer some questions.Register now
Activate your CardShow more
How do I activate my card?
To activate your credit card call us on 1300 630 977 and follow the prompts. Don't forget to sign your card immediately
Why do I have to activate my credit card?
For security reasons, cards are sent to you inactive. Activating the card validates that it’s been received by you.
Personalise your PINShow more
Personalise your PIN to something more memorable by calling 1300 559 082.
Credit LimitsShow more
Your Gem Visa credit limit
Your credit limit and available credit limit can be found on the top right corner of your monthly Gem Visa statement or you can log on to the Online Service Centre to check it any time.
Increasing your credit limit
To request a credit limit increase simply log on to the Online Service Centre or call our Customer Solutions Team on 1300 630 977. You may be required to submit supporting documentation with your credit limit request.
Your Gem Visa cash limit
It’s important to note that your Gem Visa credit limit can be different from your cash credit limit. The amount of available credit you can access as cash can be found on the top right corner of your monthly Gem Visa statement or you can log on to the Online Service Centre to check it any time.
Additional cardholdersShow more
To share the benefits of Gem Visa with a family member or loved one, add an additional cardholder using our online application form.
Payment OptionsShow more
Choose the most convenient way to make your repayments:
Never miss a payment; pay your Gem Visa automatically from your savings or cheque account. Never miss a payment. Call us on 1300 630 977 to set up your Direct Debit over the phone or download a Direct Debit request form.
Make payments electronically using your bank's phone or internet banking service. BPAY is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To make a payment, quote the Gem Visa Biller Code (154799), your account number and the amount you wish to pay.
Please note you can use the biller code & your card number as the Customer Reference Number (CRN) to make your first payment.
Payments are processed during business hours, so make sure you complete your transaction before your bank's cut-off time or the due date.
Simply take your statement and pay at any Post Office. A payment handling fee of $2.50 applies to each transaction.
Understanding your statementShow more
As a Gem Visa customer, you'll receive a monthly statement (if you have activity on your account). If you have a paper statement delivered by mail you'll be charged a paper statement fee every month. To opt out of paper statements and avoid a fee, register or login into the Online Service Centre, and follow the instructions under 'Statements'.
Each statement outlines your transactions over the last month and the minimum monthly payment required by a due date.
The minimum monthly payment is 3% of the total outstanding balance, or $25, whichever is greater, plus any installment payments due in the statement period. Your statement will also ask you to pay any overdue or over-limit amounts. If you have any questions regarding your statement, please call our Customer Solutions team on 1300 630 977.
Managing your interestShow more
Manage the amount of future interest you pay
It’s now easier than ever to manage your interest free purchases. We’ve designed your statement to be as simple as possible, outlining the information you need to easily keep track of your interest free and buy now pay later purchases, including a Payment to Reduce Future Interest amount.
The ‘Payment to Reduce Future Interest’ amount tells you how much to pay to reduce the amount of interest you’re charged in the future, or in some cases, avoid interest altogether it.
It’s what you’re required to pay this month, plus the remaining balance of any transactions that are being charged interest and the balance of any interest free purchases that are about to expire. It depends on how you manage your account, check the back page of your statement for additional information.
How to make an insurance claimShow more
How to make an insurance claim
We believe that making an insurance claim should be straight forward and hassle-free. There are a number of ways you can submit your claim to us. We’ve now made it easier and quicker than before with online claim forms for some covers - see below.
Shoppers's Protection Claims
Our Insurance looks after all Shopper’s Protection claims. To make a claim, you can:
- For Price Protection, Involuntary Unemployment and Disability claims, you can simply submit your claim online by clicking here; or
- Download and print out a claim form below, fill it out then send it back to us by uploading online via our Secure Document Upload; or by post: GPO Box 1571 Sydney NSW 1025; or fax: (02) 8249 3885; or
- By calling us on 1800 800 230 between 8.30am and 5pm Mon to Fri (AEST).
How can I help protect myself from fraud?
- Always sign your card as soon as you receive it and know where your card is at all times
- Select a PIN that's easily remembered only to you and never write it down
- Regularly check your account statements to ensure there are no unauthorised transactions present
- Never use an EFTPOS Terminal or ATM if you believe it has been tampaered with
- Ensure your contact details remain up to date with us
- If you card expire or you do not wish to keep it, cut through the signature panel and magnetic strip before disposing
- Always keep your card in your possession/sight