It's simple and secure
With Garmin Pay, you can use your Gem Visa card to buy the everyday little stuff, in just a touch. And when you use Garmin Pay, your card details are never shared or saved.
Setup is simple
Add your Gem Visa card to Garmin Pay in three simple steps.
How to use
To pay in stores, enter your passcode, select your Gem visa card from your virtual wallet, and then hold your wrist near the card reader.
Frequently asked questions
General information about Garmin Pay
What is Garmin Pay?
Garmin Pay is a contactless payment solution designed for people who are always on the move. Whether you grab a cup of coffee after your morning run or get a bite to eat while out on a ride, Garmin Pay lets you make purchases quickly and almost effortlessly with nothing needed but your watch. No wallet? No smart device? No problem.
Which devices can I use Garmin Pay with?
Any Garmin Pay supported device.
How much will Garmin Pay cost?
There is no additional fee for using Garmin Pay.
Can I use Garmin Pay internationally?
You can use Garmin Pay when traveling internationally at stores that accept contactless payments. Note that international transaction fees may apply to purchases.
Where can I find out more information about Garmin Pay?
You can read more about Garmin Pay on the Garmin Pay website.
How to use Garmin Pay
Where can I use Garmin Pay?
Use Garmin Pay to purchase items in any store that accepts contactless payments.
How do I set-up my Garmin Pay wallet?
You can add up to 10 credit cards to your Garmin Pay wallet.
- From your device page in the Garmin app, select Garmin Pay > Create Your Wallet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions which include the creating a passcode and adding a card for payment.
How do I make a payment with Garmin Pay?
Before you can use your watch to pay for purchases, you must set up at least one payment card.
- Hold the key.
- Select the Wallet icon.
- Enter your four-digit device passcode.
- Your last payment card appears. Swipe to change to another payment card (optional).
- Within 60 seconds, hold your watch near the payment reader, with the watch facing the reader. The watch vibrates and will display a green checkmark when it is finished communicating with the reader. The payment is processed using the payment card you selected.
- If the purchase amount exceeds $100 AU, follow the instructions on the payment terminal. If prompted for a PIN code, enter the PIN code for your card (not your watch).
- If the payment terminal doesn’t recognise Garmin Pay, make sure the watch face is near the reader and that the cashier knows you’re using a contactless payment.
- While you are wearing the watch, you can make payments for the rest of the day without entering your passcode again. If you disable heart rate monitoring, remove the watch from your wrist, or 24 hours has elapsed, you must enter the passcode again before making a payment.
How often do I need to enter my Garmin PIN code to use Garmin Pay?
When you set up Garmin Pay, you’re prompted to set a personal 4-digit PIN code. Every 24 hours, or the first time after putting the watch back on your wrist after taking it off you will be required to enter the four-digit pin.
Do I need to have my smart device nearby to use Garmin Pay?
You don’t need to have your smart device nearby to use Garmin Pay. After you set up Garmin Pay, you can make payments from your watch and leave your smart device at home.
Can I use Garmin Pay at contactless enabled ATM’s?
No, Garmin Pay does not currently work at contactless enabled ATM’s.
Managing my card in Fitbit Pay
Can I add more than one card to Garmin Pay?
Yes, Garmin Pay will allow you to add up to six cards to the Wallet app on each of your Garmin devices.
How do I remove or delete a card from Garmin Pay?
- Enter card details — You can either manually enter your card info or use your device camera to scan in partial details and then manually enter the rest.
- Accept terms and conditions — If your card is supported, you’ll be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions from the issuer.
- Verify your identity — Once you accept the terms and conditions, you may be presented with a one-time identity verification requirement. You’ll be sent a passcode via email, SMS, web, or a customer service call that you’ll need to enter in your app. Once entered, Latitude Financial Services will activate your card. Keep in mind, it may take up to 10 minutes before your card appears in your wallet.
How do I manage my Garmin Pay Wallet?
You can view detailed information about each of your payment cards, and you can activate, suspend, or delete a card.
- From your device page in the Garmin app, select Garmin Pay > Manage Wallet.
- Select a payment card.
- Select an option:
- a. To activate or suspend the card, use the Suspend Card toggle switch. When the card is suspended, you cannot use it to make purchases using your device.
- b. To delete the card, select Delete Card. The card is completely deleted from your wallet. If you want to add this card to your wallet in the future, you must enter the card information again.
How do I suspend or delete my Garmin Pay Wallet?
You can temporarily suspend or completely delete your Garmin Pay wallet.
- From your device page in the Garmin app, select Garmin Pay.
- Select an option:
- a. To temporarily suspend your wallet, select Suspend Wallet. You cannot pay using your device until you unsuspend your wallet using the app.
- b. To unsuspend your suspended wallet, select Unsuspend Wallet.
- c. To delete your wallet, select Delete Wallet.
How do I change my Garmin Pay Passcode?
You must know your current device passcode to change it. Your passcode cannot be recovered. If you forget your passcode, you must delete your wallet, create a new one, and re-enter your card information.
You can change the passcode required to access your Garmin Pay wallet on your device.
- From your device page in the Garmin app, select Garmin Pay > Reset Passcode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The next time you pay using your device, you must enter the new passcode
Is Garmin Pay secure?
Garmin Pay includes many security features. Garmin Pay uses an industry-standard tokenization platform to ensure your card information is never revealed or shared with merchants or with Garmin. Garmin Pay also requires you to use a personal 4-digit device passcode for an added layer of protection.
I have lost/misplaced my watch – what should I do?
If you lose or misplace your watch, you should immediately remove or suspend the card you added to the device using the Wallet section of the Garmin app. You can still make payments using the physical credit card.
Keep in mind that no one can use your watch to make a payment without first entering your personal 4-digit device passcode.
I forgot the pin code for my watch – how do I reset it?
Reset the passcode for your watch in the Garmin app.
I entered my pin code incorrectly – how do I unlock my watch with my smart device?
If you enter your passcode incorrectly 3 times, you’ll be locked out of your wallet and asked to set another passcode. You’ll need to remember your original passcode in order to set the new one.